AFSCME Council 13 Master Agreement 2015: A Comprehensive Guide
The American Federation of State, County, and Municipal Employees (AFSCME) Council 13 is a labor union that represents thousands of public sector employees across Pennsylvania. The union negotiates collective bargaining agreements (CBAs) with various government agencies to secure better wages, benefits, and working conditions for its members.
The AFSCME Council 13 Master Agreement 2015, also known as the CBA, is a comprehensive contract that outlines the terms and conditions of employment for AFSCME-represented workers in Pennsylvania. The agreement covers a wide range of topics, including:
1. Wages and Salaries: The CBA sets forth the minimum and maximum pay rates for various job categories and positions. It also includes provisions for salary increases, overtime pay, and shift differentials.
2. Benefits: The master agreement addresses a variety of benefits, such as healthcare, dental, vision, and life insurance. It outlines the premium rates, co-pays, deductibles, and coverage levels for each benefit.
3. Leave and Time Off: The CBA outlines the policies regarding vacation, sick leave, personal days, and bereavement leave. It also covers other types of leave, such as FMLA, military, and jury duty leave.
4. Work Rules: The master agreement includes provisions for work schedules, breaks, overtime, and other working conditions. It also outlines the grievance procedure for resolving disputes between employees and management.
5. Training and Development: The CBA addresses training and professional development opportunities for employees, including paid training, tuition reimbursement, and certification programs.
6. Job Security: The agreement includes provisions to protect job security, such as layoff and recall procedures, seniority, and reemployment rights.
The AFSCME Council 13 Master Agreement 2015 is a legally binding contract that governs the employment relationship between AFSCME members and their government employers. It provides a framework for fair and equitable treatment of employees and establishes clear expectations for both parties. The CBA is periodically renegotiated and updated to reflect changing economic conditions and the needs of the workforce.
As a professional, it is important to note that articles on specific topics, such as the AFSCME Council 13 Master Agreement 2015, should use relevant keywords and include links to related resources to improve search engine rankings and provide readers with additional information. Using clear and concise language, including headers and bullet points, can also enhance readability and engagement.